Combo box that allows you to search for "contains"

SaraB
New Contributor III

I would like to know if it is possible to search for contains when selecting data in a combo box. Right now when we search in the combo box for a certain piece of information it is filtered by starts with but we want to know if it is possible to perform this search by contains in a combo box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
Contributor II

Hi Sara,

Not as far as I know but someone else may have some suggestions.

As an alternative, what you can do is have a pop up dashboard with the Tree View component for the user to search/select. This has a couple of Tree types, notably "Search" and "Filter" - i like filterable ones as it will filter the options as you type.

One of the issues with this component is that it take a bit more set up and requires a data adaptor. Check out this blog for info:

Introduction To Tree Views - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FredLucas
Contributor III

Hi @SaraB,

Unfortunately I don't think that is currently possible using the out of the box component. Feel free to suggest that enhancement on the ideaStream.

If it's a must, such functionality could be developed on a custom dashboard using:

1. a text box where the user would type the word to search
  2. a button to execute the search
  3. one grid view with the applicable list items. This list would be based on a data adapter / data set rule that would  take the search word as a parameter and only display the valid entries

SaraB
New Contributor III

Hi Fred, thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Sara.

KarlT
Contributor II

Hi Sara,

Not as far as I know but someone else may have some suggestions.

As an alternative, what you can do is have a pop up dashboard with the Tree View component for the user to search/select. This has a couple of Tree types, notably "Search" and "Filter" - i like filterable ones as it will filter the options as you type.

One of the issues with this component is that it take a bit more set up and requires a data adaptor. Check out this blog for info:

Introduction To Tree Views - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

regards,

SaraB
New Contributor III

Thanks Karl, it worked.

Regards,

Sara