cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combobox Multiple select option.

Madesh
New Contributor III

Is it possible to have multi select option in Combo box ( Dashboard component)?

Thanks & Regards,

Madesh K

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Hi Madesh

At the moment, there is not multi select option for combo boxes.

There is a multiselect option for combo boxes in the format settings. Sergey is right and I'm wrong.

As a work around, we are using grid objects or tree objects.

You can embed them in the main dashboard or use them with a dialog (dashboard). The dialog can be launched with a button and pass back a parameter. Both solutions will return a comma separated list of member names.

The grid object can do it very straight forward, because of the multi select feature mentioned by Sergey. For the tree view, you need to code a business rule that implements an multi select data adapter.

I hope this helps and regards

Christian

ChristianW_2-1642513053499.png

ChristianW_0-1642512970016.png

View solution in original post

ChristianW
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Sorry for offering a complicated (and wrong) answer to this question. The solution is much simpler, there is a multi select option for combo boxes in the format settings (list box has it as well):

ChristianW_0-1642597040361.png

IsMultiSelect=True

ChristianW_1-1642597113853.png

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sergey
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Hi Madesh,

In the Display Format parameters, there is a "is multiselect" option that you might use in case you need to activate multi select in combo box :

Sergey_0-1642502537350.png

Regards,

ChristianW
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Sorry, you are of cause right with your posting.

ChristianW
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Hi Madesh

At the moment, there is not multi select option for combo boxes.

There is a multiselect option for combo boxes in the format settings. Sergey is right and I'm wrong.

As a work around, we are using grid objects or tree objects.

You can embed them in the main dashboard or use them with a dialog (dashboard). The dialog can be launched with a button and pass back a parameter. Both solutions will return a comma separated list of member names.

The grid object can do it very straight forward, because of the multi select feature mentioned by Sergey. For the tree view, you need to code a business rule that implements an multi select data adapter.

I hope this helps and regards

Christian

ChristianW_2-1642513053499.png

ChristianW_0-1642512970016.png

Madesh
New Contributor III

Thanks Christian, Will implement it.

ChristianW
OneStream Employee
OneStream Employee

Sorry for offering a complicated (and wrong) answer to this question. The solution is much simpler, there is a multi select option for combo boxes in the format settings (list box has it as well):

ChristianW_0-1642597040361.png

IsMultiSelect=True

ChristianW_1-1642597113853.png

Cheers