Conditional Formatting on IsRowVisible Row Header Format

Cathy_T
New Contributor II

Has anyone used conditional formatting with the IsRowVisible row header format property before?  I am developing a cube view form that is driven by an account input parameter where the user selects an account to run the cube view. Depending on the account they select and a predefined condition, a given row should be suppressed/hidden (e.g. contains 611000). I am using the IsRowVisible row header format to try and accomplish this. However, it does not appear to be working properly. If we update the format property to something other than IsRowVisible (Bold = True), then the results are as expected. So I'm not sure why it's not working for this IsRowVisible format property.  Perhaps I am missing something here?  Thank you in advance for any tips you can provide!

Following is the condition set for example above.  Account parameter is defined on Member Expansion 1.

If (RowE1MemberName Contains 611000) Then
  IsRowVisible = False
Else
  IsRowVisible = True
End If

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Hello Cathy

This post appears to be a duplicate of an incident you opened with support a few hours ago, so I need to be careful not to read on anyone's toes.
This seems to be known issue and has been logged with reference PF-2036
You may like to respond to support to ask if your customer name can be added to PF-2036.

In the meantime you will need a workaround, because the IsRowVisible property can't be set in conditional formatting (as far as I know)

One alternative solution may be keep it as one Cube View, but then have the cube view select one of two possible Row Templates at view-time, depending on the parameter selection. An example of doing this is on this thread:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Partner-Forum/Can-you-control-whether-a-parameter-is-visi...

Alternatively you can look at this thread

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Office-Hours/Is-there-a-way-to-suppress-a-row-in-a-cube-v...

which is similar, and uses an XFBR to dynamically drive the IsVisible property of a row.

Hopefully one of these options can be adapted to work for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Hello Cathy

This post appears to be a duplicate of an incident you opened with support a few hours ago, so I need to be careful not to read on anyone's toes.
This seems to be known issue and has been logged with reference PF-2036
You may like to respond to support to ask if your customer name can be added to PF-2036.

In the meantime you will need a workaround, because the IsRowVisible property can't be set in conditional formatting (as far as I know)

One alternative solution may be keep it as one Cube View, but then have the cube view select one of two possible Row Templates at view-time, depending on the parameter selection. An example of doing this is on this thread:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Partner-Forum/Can-you-control-whether-a-parameter-is-visi...

Alternatively you can look at this thread

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Office-Hours/Is-there-a-way-to-suppress-a-row-in-a-cube-v...

which is similar, and uses an XFBR to dynamically drive the IsVisible property of a row.

Hopefully one of these options can be adapted to work for you.

Hi Chris,

I have the same question as Cathy_T. Now I understand why the conditional color formatting was working but not the "IsRowVisible = False" condition. I'm curious to know what other alternatives I have, but unfortunately, I'm unable to see the ones you posted as I'm denied access. This is a situation I haven't encountered before. Thank you in advance.  ~ LC

Cathy_T
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your response, Chris!  You were correct about this issue already being identified as a bug.  I just received confirmation of this from the support team, as well.  I like the alternative idea of using different row templates to achieve this, so I will definitely give that a go!  Thanks again for your response and have a wonderful day.