Create Excel Book

ChoolweJoe
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a OneStream Book that contains data in Excel format instead of PDF from a dashboard component. Currently, the book uses a dashboard report component to generate a .xfDoc.pdfBook containing the data, which Parcel Service then attaches to a list of emails and dispatches in a zipped folder.

I attempted to create a book that retrieves the data from the same dashboard component but in .xfDoc.xlBook format. However, every time I run the Parcel Service to dispatch the file in Excel format, the Excel file is blank.

Could you please advise if there is a way to obtain the same data in the Excel attachment as we have in the PDF attachment?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

jbrem
New Contributor II

I'm still pretty new to OS but so far anytime I have created a book that produced blank results it is somehow related to POV or not setting up my loops correctly to pass variables.  I also learned a hard way to make sure my loop variable has the dimension indicator (E#, A#, etc)

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi ChoolweJoe: unfortunately .xlBooks cannot use dashboard report components. You are limited to just Excel Export items, meaning cube views.

Excel Export Item (onestream.com)