Create a date field

erikstijnen
New Contributor III

Hi, in the getting started with BI viewer I see they make use of a date field, which enables you to drill down to quarters/months etc. How do you create such a field (I guess I have to something with the time dimension which contains my years and months). I'm struggling with finding an expression that works...

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Right, I think your time dim should get descriptions rather then name into the dataset. You can change it on the data adapter under Header text to "Description". This should work as long as you have the standard time dimension. You could run the data adapter and check the data.

Sai_Maganti_0-1642697360744.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sai_Maganti
Contributor II

Create a DateTime calculated field and then convert your Time dim to DateTime. The when you drop this field to Arguments you'll have time functions available (Month, QTR etc)

biv.png

Hi Sai, thank you for the swiift response. This formula is accepted and I can select year/quarters etc...but apparently evaluates in an error (see below bar). Any idea why? See screenshot2.PNG

Right, I think your time dim should get descriptions rather then name into the dataset. You can change it on the data adapter under Header text to "Description". This should work as long as you have the standard time dimension. You could run the data adapter and check the data.

Sai_Maganti_0-1642697360744.png

Thank you very much Sai, very useful. Works great now.

In the meanwhile I've found a built-in solution that OneStream provides that is even simpler. Just go to the data adapter with the cube MD an put Add Start End Calendar Time to True (standard is false).

2.PNG

Yes true, they added this in the later versions..