Cube View Formatting

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have created a Cube view which has  negative values in few cells with parenthesis format in OneStream, when i try to export the repot to an Excel am not getting the same format in Excel instead am getting "-" in Excel. I need the same format in excel while exporting. Can anyone suggest the formatting settings how to get that.

Please find the below snaps for reference.

New_Member_0-1691045101718.png

New_Member_1-1691045119013.png

Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6

aricgresko
Contributor III

Check your Cell Format within Formatting to ensure you have Number Formats the same under General, Excel, and Reporting.  Best practice would be to have these formats within a literal parameter that you assign to the Cube View to drive consistent number formatting.  

MikeG
Contributor III

NumberFormat = [#,###,0;(#,###,0)], ExcelNumberFormat = [#,###,0;(#,###,0)]

MikeG_0-1691067140883.png

@aricgresko  is correct.  It looks like this.  

Hope this helps.

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi Mike

Thanks for your response, i tried the Excel format you shared in the Cube View Excel formatting but i am getting below. Please find the below snap for your reference and suggest on this.

New_Member_0-1691068089680.png

Thanks.

MikeG
Contributor III

Here is one I'm using in the application I'm working on now.  This one has a hyphen for zeroes which you can remove if you don't want that.

NumberFormat = [#,###,0;(#,###,0);"-"], ExcelNumberFormat = [#,##0;(#,##0);" - "], ReportNoDataNumberFormat = [" - "], ReportNumericBindingFormat = [{0:#,##0;(#,##0);" - "}]

That will cover Data Explorer, Excel, and Report (PDF) views.

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I tried the same thing but still am not able to see the same thing in Excel report after export, do i need to changes/enable any settings?

Thanks in Advance.

MikeG
Contributor III

Do you have it on the Cell Format on the main Cube View properties tab?  The order of operations for what Cell Format wins is 1) Cube View Properties, 2) Column Cell Format, 3) Row Cell Format, 4) Column - Row Overrides, 5) Row - Column Overrides.  Do you have other Cell Formatting anywhere else in the CV?  That syntax works.