Cube View POV setting

bisenhart
New Contributor II

I'd like assistance with utilizing a formula within the UD1 dimension section of the attached POV Cube view. Specifically, I am trying to subtract one cost center from another. So the formula I'm hoping for is something like  "GPPPFI - GPPPAccounting" but thats not working.

2 REPLIES 2

aricgresko
Contributor III

You cannot do math in the Cube View POV, but you can do so in the Rows/Columns of the Cube View. Take a look at the Member Filter Builder, especially within the Samples (GetDataCell Expressions, Column/Row Expressions, etc.). 
Also as an FYI, make sure you post the picture within the body of the post rather than as a cover photo.

jmohl
New Contributor

Depending on the complexity of the requirement, you could also use parameters and XFBRs on the rows/columns to make the relationships more dynamic. For example, you could pass XFBR(XfbrRuleName, FunctionName, firstUd1=|!prm_SelectMember1!|, secondUd1=|!prm_SelectMember2!|). There are several ways to accomplish this, but a simple one is shown below.

jmohl_0-1709134653748.png

You may also want to consider using alternate reporting hierarchies if there are numerous instances of such Ud1 relationships (particularly if the Ud1 members you subtract against do not change). What is best really depends on the circumstances.