Cube View - Rows Name

mbahena
New Contributor II

Does anyone know how to get the Year for the time function below to display as the name in the row? 

T#YearPrior2(|GlobalTime|)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

Hello there,

You can try: T#YearPrior2(|GlobalTime|):Name(|MFYear|)

There are lots of substitution variables starting with 'MF' referring to 'MemberFilter', e.g: |MFSubPeriod| 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

Hello there,

You can try: T#YearPrior2(|GlobalTime|):Name(|MFYear|)

There are lots of substitution variables starting with 'MF' referring to 'MemberFilter', e.g: |MFSubPeriod| 

mbahena
New Contributor II

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help with this.  You rock! 😉

mbahena
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help with this. For this to work, I need to have the time function as the primary Member filter for each row.   The problem is that if I do that then the data becomes YTD vs. periodic data. 

I'm trying to create a monthly view, with months as the columns and years as the rows.  I get the periodic data by using the time function in the column override 1.  This gives me the data I need but I would like to add the year in the view so the end user sees what data they are looking at.  Any other ideas?

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

My pleasure, I am glad that I could help !

As for your last question, I'm really having hard time understanding your final goal ... It rises even more questions about what you are doing 
I find it weird to have months in columns & year in rows, It gives the user hard time navigating/validating data because you're checking a single intersection each time from the cube (whilst a Data Unit could have thousands).

Why not, in columns, show the twelve months + an extra column for whole Year (formatted differently to visually help the user). And then in rows, you can put a list of all the accounts/Entities/UD1s you wish to see. It's much more relevant 

Can you explain this a bit more please ? "The problem is that if I do that then the data becomes YTD vs. periodic data. "

mbahena
New Contributor II

The view is formatted so that the end user can select the account, entity, or any other dimension that they are reviewing.  

The intention of this view is to present the end user with the monthly allocations for a given account for the current year budget and PY actuals and/or forecast to potentially identify any significant monthly variances.  Basically, just helping them review their monthly allocations by comparing YOY data.  Like I mentioned before, the data works by using the time function in the column override. If I use it as the member filter then the data changes from Periodic to YTD.  Like in the example below, I added the time function as the member filter and FY23 actuals changed to YTD vs periodic data (second row). 

I do have a total by year + the monthly allocations. Using the |MFYear| in each row gives me the first year for all rows, but the data is for different years in each row (FY22, FY23, FY24 and FY25) all noted on the column override vs. the member filter. 

mbahena_0-1701359794763.png