Cube View column difference issue

FM
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have this cube view that I made, in which I am having issues in the secon to last column. I am trying to see what the difference between each quarter is between the forecast and budget scenarios.
When I run my cube view, I get a single difference between Q1 forecast and Q1budget only, and Q2 trough Q4 are nowhere to be found. I was expecting that what I typed would give me the difference between each quarter, not just the first.

FM_0-1661199146063.png

FM_1-1661199165809.png

FM_2-1661199182448.png

FM_3-1661199199639.png

Can you share what your thoughts on what I am doing wrong please?
Your time and input is appreciated in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi FM: modify your last column block (FYDELTA) to be Time: T#POVYear.Quarters, Scenario: GetDataCell(BWDiff(S#Fcsts, S#Budget)):Name(Variance)

That should give you the member expansion for all quarters while also calculating the variance.  In general, the CVC's are column block specific and do not work well with member expansions.

Cheers,    -db

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi FM: modify your last column block (FYDELTA) to be Time: T#POVYear.Quarters, Scenario: GetDataCell(BWDiff(S#Fcsts, S#Budget)):Name(Variance)

That should give you the member expansion for all quarters while also calculating the variance.  In general, the CVC's are column block specific and do not work well with member expansions.

Cheers,    -db

FM
New Contributor III

@db_pdx , Thank you for explaining that to me. It works great now and definitely shows the results as intended! Have a great day.