Cube Views not rendering data on certain dimensions for a single user

Michael_Laroche
New Contributor II

We leverage many cube view for monthly expense reporting and one particular report will not return values for certain columns that are pointed to a single User Defined dimension, but returns data for other columns.  There are no security restrictions on this or any dimension and the users security is no different that others who have no issue running the cube view and rendering complete data.  Has anyone else run into this or a similar issue? 

YTD 6/30/2023    
 UD4#AlphaUD4#BetaUD4#OmegaUD4#Total
Operating Expenses$100,000BLANK/NA$150,000$250,000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

twn1
New Contributor II

Can you also check on the selected members for all dimensions in the POV Pane > Cube POV ? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Is there anything on the Cube's Data Access Security?

Henning_0-1691571779077.png

Or does the user have a different user culture than the other users you are comparing her or him to?

Henning_1-1691571863843.png

One of the two above was always the reason for what you observed when I was asked to look into it. Though this does not mean that this is the same in your case.

Thank you for your reply.  There are no Data Access Security Settings on the Cube and the user has the exact Culture and security settings as many others.  

Is the culture English (US)? If not, I would try that. As I said, the above is all I saw in the past. Otherwise, could you remove the user and set it up again from scratch using the exact same settings as that of another comparable user?
One needs to dig into this then unfortunately. Test different variations until you get a hint as to what it might be. Hopefully someone else has experienced that and has another item to point you to.

Yes, English (US).  Thank you for the help. We will probably remove the user and set them up again. 

Please share in case you do find the underlying reason (other than deleting and setting up the user again) 🙂

twn1
New Contributor II

Can you also check on the selected members for all dimensions in the POV Pane > Cube POV ? 

It was the Cube POV - the user had some fields undefined.  Once we defined each dimension the report rendered data for all specified columns. Thank you so much!