CubeView Conditional Formatting based on cell value

eeisenberg
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to use conditional formatting in a cubeview and color all of the columns but I want it based on the cell value in Col3, not its own cell value.

I have If (CellAmount > 0) Then ReportBackgroundColor = Green --- but I want it to be Col3 cell amount coloring col5.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Kress
Contributor III

It is not possible to do conditional formatting based on another columns value dynamically.

You do have the ability to call an XFBR string rule in a cube view row to dynamically format a column. However, for each row you want to apply this logic for, you would need to pass in the exact intersection to check the "SourceColumn" for in the rule to retrieve the row's "SourceColumn" value and determine how to dynamically format the column for the given row. This would not be dynamic.

We do have a enhancement request for this here:  https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Platform/CV-Conditional-Formatting-Based-on-Another-Colum...

You can go there and vote for it.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

T_Kress
Contributor III

It is not possible to do conditional formatting based on another columns value dynamically.

You do have the ability to call an XFBR string rule in a cube view row to dynamically format a column. However, for each row you want to apply this logic for, you would need to pass in the exact intersection to check the "SourceColumn" for in the rule to retrieve the row's "SourceColumn" value and determine how to dynamically format the column for the given row. This would not be dynamic.

We do have a enhancement request for this here:  https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Platform/CV-Conditional-Formatting-Based-on-Another-Colum...

You can go there and vote for it.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software