Dashboard - Time Data on x-axis odd

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Hi All,

As you can see, Oct,Nov,Dec are preceding after Jan 2021. This is being repeated at many several points.  I'm wondering if anyone had a similar issue. 

Mustafa_A_0-1649444179806.png

I'm using a CV MD data adapter. Here is my CV period headers

Mustafa_A_1-1649444399548.png

8 REPLIES 8

Sai_Maganti
Contributor II

CV MD data adapter returns a data table without any sorting on columns. So you have to do your own sorting in the dashboard reports. Assuming you're using BI Viewer, create a new calculated field to convert your [Time] column to date time with expression ToDateTime([Time]) and use this new field on your charts.

dt1.png

Hey Sai,

Here is what I'm seeing. Maybe I need to toggle some CV or DA settings? 

Mustafa_A_2-1649645267306.png

It's a CV MD Data Adapter and I'm using the exact same expression and format is "abbreviated". 

Mustafa_A_3-1649645276156.png

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Using the above expression - this is how the raw data is feeding in.

Mustafa_A_0-1649646839402.png

Make sure the following in your data adapter

dt2.png

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi, the problem is the age old one when setting up months... you really need to have them as M01,M02,M03, etc it is sorting them as all the M1x's first. So because your Time dimension was set up the M1,M2,M3 way then you are stuck with it as far as I am aware.

Regards

Mark

I know I'm stuck until our dept. reimplement the time dimension. Nothing we can do right now

Thanks for the reply back. I'm thinking to test out @Koemets idea below.

Koemets
Contributor

Mustafa, this particular problem is in fact really annoying. I tried to spin it in a different ways, but the best solution I came up with was the XFBR, sorting dates by their respective period value.

Hi Koemets - 

Thanks for the response. 

Can you share a snippet of what the code may look like? Just to help me get started.