Dashboard button - Navigation to Workflow - Stange behaviour

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey all!

So I have noticed a strange behaviour on my Dashboard buttons with Workflow navigation "links" like below: 

JonesHedlund_0-1696930544671.png

Above works great it takes me to Profile, Scenario and Name. However when I want to go to below instance, the previous year (2024) remains, even though in this case I have hardcoded 2023. I have to press the button 2 times in order for below value (2023) to kick in!

JonesHedlund_1-1696930633693.png

I have several buttons where I use substitution variables and business rules to fetch times. But for this particular example it is not working, only difference in this case is the scenario which has some set parameters: 

JonesHedlund_2-1696930729888.png

Does anyone have any solution how to get the button to work on the first click instead of having to click 2 times?

Thanks in advance! Jones

6 REPLIES 6

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

It could be a little bug, did you try with Support? I might find some time to test next week.

Jones
New Contributor III

Thanks Jack, I did raise a question to support now: INC0206561

Jones
New Contributor III

Did you try this out yourself @JackLacava? I Tried with the support but they said it would require a consulting effort.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, and it works for me (v7.4.2).

Scenario:

JackLacava_0-1698318848880.png

Button:

JackLacava_1-1698318880323.png

Result:

JackLacava_2-1698318902642.png

Maybe there is something else that interacts with your switching, like an onload rule on the dashboard.

Note that the fact you're switching to a year outside the Workflow Range of the Scenario, is one of those edge cases that might see slightly different behaviours in different releases (since it's effectively a "should not happen" situation).

EDIT: I just noticed that you're going the other way, i.e. into a future period outside of the Range. In that situation, I can see the behavior being different: in my case, no matter how many times i click, it never goes beyond the year in range - in fact, it stops me from doing it even from the regular UI.

One could argue that the expected behaviour should be to refuse to navigate to an invalid WF time for the selected Scenario, regardless of whether it's in the past or in the future. It could possibly be raised as a small bug, although I've not tested it in v8+.

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey, thanks!

In my case it is 
Scenario 1 = 2024
Scenario 2= all time periods

meaning I do not want to go to 2023 in Scenario 1, only for Scenario 2. But for some reason 2024 is kept in Scenario 2 when clicking the button.

After dialog with the support and AAS they said they got same issue when recreating the setup. The suggested workaround was to use Execute Dashboard Extender BusinessRule instead of Change Workflow on button. 

I used this function for my buttons which solves the issue. Now it takes me back to other periods on 1st click 🙂

JonesHedlund_0-1699437333225.png

TGG_Alex
New Contributor III

@JackLacava - could you please try your test but include a parameter that resolves an XFBR?  Noticed that it will not resolve the parameters setting on POV Action unless you click it a second time.  This behaviour noted on v7.4.2.

In your screenshots, it looks like they are all direct and static values whereas @Jones  includes a parameter.

Cheers,

A.

Cheers,
A.