Dashboard components pop up auto-size to conent

Montreux
New Contributor III

I have a dashboard with graphs and on the side a series of buttons opening input forms for key assumptions.  The forms are usually cube views and sometimes a combo box.  I would like the pop up dashboards with the input forms to auto size to the content.  I can hard code the height and width but the number of rows/columns in the cube view can change.  Is there a good way to auto size these pop up dashboards to their contents?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thoughts:

• The modern trend for popups is to use the option DialogDisplayStyle set to Maximize, effectively taking over the whole page. At that point, the typical issues with scrollbars disappear, and you know what you're working with (the average laptop screen). It's an interaction mode similar to mobile applications.
  • An alternative could be to calculate with a rule how many rows your CV is going to expand to, multiply by some number of pixels, to get a very rough estimate of how big the popup might have to be, then set the value on the dashboard object. This would all have to happen before the triggering component is clicked though. It feels pretty overkill, for something like that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What if you don't mention a width?

Entering nothing for the width and height give a default size of roughly 1000x1000.  I tried -1 also but this expands the pop up to the width of the screen.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thoughts:

• The modern trend for popups is to use the option DialogDisplayStyle set to Maximize, effectively taking over the whole page. At that point, the typical issues with scrollbars disappear, and you know what you're working with (the average laptop screen). It's an interaction mode similar to mobile applications.
  • An alternative could be to calculate with a rule how many rows your CV is going to expand to, multiply by some number of pixels, to get a very rough estimate of how big the popup might have to be, then set the value on the dashboard object. This would all have to happen before the triggering component is clicked though. It feels pretty overkill, for something like that.