Drill from Cube Views to Headcount Details using Linked Dashboards

camagruder
New Contributor III

I want to be able to drill to HR details in BIBlend from any users cube view, so I set up a linked Dashboard using Default NavLink parameters, and a SQL data adapter using these default parameters.  It is working perfectly except for Account.  The cube account mapping logic is concatenating 3 columns in the detail file to map to a headcount account (ex Full-Time - Exempt -  Associate).  I assume I will need to set up separate BRs to apply this logic.  I am wondering if there is a better way to do this?

camagruder_0-1674229446901.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you start having to do that sort of trickery, it could make more sense to "invest" in learning how to use Dashboard DataSets. There is a simple (if a bit outdated) example in this post, to give you an idea of what is involved. Basically you make the necessary query (or queries) yourself, eventually returning a DataTable or DataSet containing the results. This can then be run by a Data Adapter, with Command Type "Method" and Method Type "Business Rule":

JackLacava_0-1674475381647.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you start having to do that sort of trickery, it could make more sense to "invest" in learning how to use Dashboard DataSets. There is a simple (if a bit outdated) example in this post, to give you an idea of what is involved. Basically you make the necessary query (or queries) yourself, eventually returning a DataTable or DataSet containing the results. This can then be run by a Data Adapter, with Command Type "Method" and Method Type "Business Rule":

JackLacava_0-1674475381647.png

Hey Camagruder,

I agree with Jack that Dashboard data sets can be a powerful to. If I understand correctly, you can use a concat in the data adapter statement to join the three columns from the Biblend table to equal the account if the biblend to OS account mapping is one to one.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks Sam, it's good to hear from you!  I will try that.

Hey, sorry I didn't put it together that was you.

Thanks,

Sam

Thank you!  I will start going down that route.