Dynamic Member Filter

DCarrillo
New Contributor III

DGC_2-1663614646664.png

A#Trade_Receivables_Net:Name(Accounts receivable, net of allowances for credit losses of $36 on April 30, 2022 and $107 on April 30, 2021)

DGC_0-1663614552502.png

I am hard-coding the line/name : Accounts receivable, net of allowances for credit losses of $36 on April 30, 2022 and $107 on April 30, 2021 to show up on the report as you can in the second image. How can I create a form that I can input a value into for April 30, 2022 or April 30, 2021 or whatever other date? I want that form to populate into this line item. Where do I start to achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2

molly_lvc
New Contributor III

Hello,

There are two steps to pull the dollar values into the hardcoded name:

1) Create a form input for these amounts, if they are not already captured in OneStream. If these amounts already exist in the cube, move on to step two.

To create a form, start by creating a cube view of the intersection where you would like to enter this data. The intersection will have to be at the base member of all dimensions. The Origin member should be set to Forms. Ensure the Can Modify Data restriction on the Cube View Properties tab is set to True. When you run the cube view, your cells should have a white background, meaning they are editable. From here, you can enter the amounts directly into the cube view or set up a form template.

2) Add the intersection via an XFCell into the Name. 

In your input cube view, right click on the cell that includes the number you would like to populate. Select Cell POV Information. Copy the XFCell reference (third option). In the cube view shown above (your presentation cube view), paste the XFCell reference in the section of the Name function that you would like to replace with the number. In the example above, you would take out "$36" and paste the XFCell reference. You can add variables into the XFCell reference so you don't have to change the time member every year.

I hope this helps!

Molly

Krishna
Valued Contributor

This can be done using XFBR as well. You can create a function XFBR and return the amount & Date based on the Time Period.

Thanks
Krishna