Excel Add-in : Avoiding Partial Results

dbeavon
Contributor

On a couple occasions the users of the OneStream Add-in have unintentionally reported partial results from a onestream cube.  This has happened when data extends beyond the allowable page size ("Maximum Number of Rows").

It can sometimes come up by surprise.  For example, a user may pull in all the YTD activity from a cube and it will fit within the page size for much of the year but towards the end of the year some of the data will go missing.  If the Onestream data is retrieved on one of several sheets, and the data is used indirectly for calculations that are displayed elsewhere in the workbook, then the problem can be easy to miss. 

In fact, this type of a problem can even be overlooked when you are staring right at the add-in itself, since the only indication of a problem is way down at the bottom of the results.  That is where you can see the "Page 1" annotation (see image below)

dbeavon_0-1644188598121.png

This brings me to my question.  Is there any setting that will simply generate an error if/when the results are incomplete?  Users often build their cubeviews in the assumption that all the data will be presented.  Anything less than that should be handled as a critical failure.  Sometimes it is better for all the data to be missing than to get partial results!

2 REPLIES 2

AJ
New Contributor III

I am also trying to get it resolved for one of my user. I tried to re-create the issue still no luck.

Let me know when you get any thing on same,

Thanks

AJ

AJ
New Contributor III

Hi @dbeavon

You can apply this setting to specific QuickView from preferences in Context Pane or set it as default from preferences under OneStream XF ribbon.

You can use 'Maximum Number of Rows' setting in QuickView Preferences to avoid paging.

Set the value to some large number to show all information in one page.

- You can check with row settings to 10 K and check

Thanks

AJ

Please sign in! dbeavon