Excel Add-in Issue

SaurinPatel
New Contributor III

We recently upgraded from 6.8.1 to 7.1.3 and I have about 5 users who are having issue with Excel add-in.
All of them are getting below error once they login.

SaurinPatel_0-1665511476088.png

I tried disabling all other add-in etc but it’s not working.

Any ideas?

Saurin

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor

Hi Saurin,

We had significant issues with this as well. We were provided with KB0010086 “OneStream Excel Add-In Does Not Launch When Excel is Launched”. I don’t see where I can attach a PDF to this, so I’ll provide the instructions below:

The following steps may require the help/permission of your internal IT.

1. Open registry editor and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins
  2. The LoadBehavior key needs to be set to a 3 to tell Excel to start the Add-In when Excel starts. If it’s not set to 3, change
    it to 3. (If it has any other value the Add-In will not start.) Restart Excel again.
  3. If the Add-In still doesn’t start, check the value again to see if it has reverted to another value.
  4. If that happens try the following, which should provide some additional information. Set the
    “VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS” environment variable to 0.
    A) Start > Right-Click on “My Computer” and choose “Properties”.
    B) Click on “Advanced System Settings” and click “Environment Variables”.
    C) In the system variables list, look for VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS.
    D) If the variable exists, double-click and set the value to 0. If it does not exist, click the “New” button and paste
    VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS into the name field and set the “Value” to 0.
  5. Go back to the registry key mentioned above and set the LoadBehavior back to 3 and Restart Excel. You should now be
    able to see a dialog containing additional information to help determine the root cause.

This solution has worked for us very well; however, periodically we will find that the registry key has been reverted (possibly via a system update), and we must follow the instructions once more. Hope this solves the issue for your team.

David Geci

Migrated from OneCommunity

SaurinPatel
New Contributor III

I had to uninstall all version of Excel add-in’s and then installed 7.1.3 and that fixed issue for almost all users.