Excel Add-in Member Description using XFGetMemberInfo

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Karen Liau

How do retrieve Account member description when using Spreadsheet XFGet info formula?

3 REPLIES 3

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by David Baumgartner

Hi Karen:

Formula structure is:

=XFGetMemberInfo(memberInfoType,dimTypeName,memberName)

Example using my company's environment:

=XFGetMemberInfo("Description","Account","AC_400000")   = "NET SALES"

The syntax for memberInfoType is not readily apparent, but can be viewed in the Grid View of any Dimension.  To get there, go: Application > Dimensions > (select your dimension) > Grid View > Grid Settings.  You'll see the naming convention here.

Additional formula documentation is available in the Design and Reference Guide under the "Navigating the Excel Add-In" section, but its a bit sparse.

- Dave

Hello - Is there a way to retrieve an alternate description using this (or another) formula, such as a different culture?  I'm looking for a solution to alternate account descriptions in a file that uses XFGetCells.  Thank you!

RonnieKarpinsk
New Contributor III

Hello,

What does the formula look like if I want to reference an account in a cell versus hard coding the account in the formula?

This is the type of formulas I prefer since they are easier to change and work with.

=XFSetCell($E20, TRUE, $B$1, F$16, F$15, F$8, F$12, F$14, F$13, $A20, F$9, F$10, $B$5, $B20, $C20, F$17, F$11, F$18, $B$9, $B$10, $B$11)

Thanks,

Ronnie