Excel - Connection with Cube View that has Column for Variance Commentary

benmac360
New Contributor III

Hello - I have a cube view that I created a connection to in Excel. The cube view has an O#Forms POV with a column configured to enter comments - can modify data is set to True, it has a V#VarianceCommentary member, etc. During testing I am able to submit comments through this Excel sheet, since I also see the comments within the application as well (I have a dashboard that calls a similar one set for commentary). However the users I built the CVs for are only able to submit comments through the application - when they attempt to add them through Excel, either they simply can't add text or when they click Submit Sheet at the top the comment disappears. I made sure the settings, cell formats, etc. for commentary are the same for both the application and Excel connection cube views. Are there any Excel specific settings that I need to check for these users?

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

This sounds like a permission setting as a result of the overall security setup, you might want to contact Support - they will walk you through troubleshooting it.