Extracting Dimension hierarchies

tkrekeler
New Contributor II

Hi, 

There seems to be an issue when pulling members through GridView from the dimension library.  As shown in the screen shot below, when filtering on a specific roll up within the dimension using the parent child relationship reference the report includes duplicate members. This is because OS is pulling all the alternate roll up locations as well. We are wanting to pull just the main rollup so that we can see the members and parents in separate columns within excel. Does anyone know how to get around this or another way to pull this data from OneStream.  

tkrekeler_0-1673974811596.png

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe that's expected behaviour. If a child has two parents, how could the system decide which parent to display...? If you know that you don't want to show children under a particular node, append a .Remove(A#YourParent.Children) to the current filter.

That is interesting, I thought .Remove only takes a specific member name, not functions.

I tested it and it seems to work here (7.2.2). The related sample says it takes a list of members, so using expansions to generate that list should be ok.