Filter Cost Centers without Data in Books

TauseefBozai
New Contributor

I created a Reporting book with a loop on CC's. Is there a way I can filter the Tabs without data in the Report?

I am planning to implement and test the options listed below but I also wanted to check with the OS community if they ran into this issue and the solution they implemented to fix this Issue.

1.Assign a Text to the CC's with Data and use IF condition to only export data for the Cost Centers with the Text

2.Create Alternate Hierarchy for the CC's that have Data (Note: This list won't change)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi TauseefBozai: both ideas should work. I think your option one sounds better to me from an ease-of-maintenance standpoint. Although I would suggest you use a standard Member Filter with a Where clause expansion filtering on the Text property (i.e. X#YourParent.Base.Where(Text1 = 'Value') ) in your Loop component.

That said, a few other options:

• Since your list of cost centers is static you could simply specify the list of values in a parameter and reference that directly; the benefit of this is that it does not require metadata maintenance
  • If you need a dynamic selection of cost centers that have data, there are ways to generate the list on the fly, but it requires custom business rules. This is what we use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi TauseefBozai: both ideas should work. I think your option one sounds better to me from an ease-of-maintenance standpoint. Although I would suggest you use a standard Member Filter with a Where clause expansion filtering on the Text property (i.e. X#YourParent.Base.Where(Text1 = 'Value') ) in your Loop component.

That said, a few other options:

• Since your list of cost centers is static you could simply specify the list of values in a parameter and reference that directly; the benefit of this is that it does not require metadata maintenance
  • If you need a dynamic selection of cost centers that have data, there are ways to generate the list on the fly, but it requires custom business rules. This is what we use.

Thank you!! I greatly appreciate your Expertise and response.