Format for a Data Adapter/Method Query using an Excel file

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Lawrence Manekin

Hi,

Working on a POC for a client.  To get data in quickly, I uploaded an Excel document so I can run a pivot off of it.  The Excel is in the public folder.

I'm using this syntax

{Application}{Documents/Public/GLtransrevfields.xlsx}{Sheet1}{MyRange}{True}{True}{}

but it keeps telling me that it's invalid.  I have tried calling out the specific application name as well, but no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-Larry
1 REPLY 1

TonyToniTone
Contributor II

The File Source Types are defined as:

1.  Dashboard - This option displays a file stored in a Dashboard Maintenance Unit File section 

2.  Application -  This option displays a file stored in the XF Application Database storage location

3.  System -  This option displays a file stored in the XF System Database storage location

4.  File Share -  This option displays a file from the XF File Share storage location

Without seeing the full error message, the possible solutions for the invalid error are:

1.  Verify that the File Source Type is pointing to where the Excel file resides in the File Explorer

2.  Verify that the Folder Path and File Name exactly match where the file is stored in the File Explorer

3.  Verify that Excel Worksheet Tab is correct

4.  Verify that the Named Range from the Excel file is defined correctly