Formula Translation/Consolidation Logic

psc
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on a CTA plug account and also historical overrides. Right now for the plug and overrides to run I have to force calculate and translate. Is there a way the user would be able to run the consoldiation and the formulas run correctly without having to go through a whole sequence of steps? Basically, is there an easier way to run the translation logic within consolidation?

These are the current formulas I have:

CTA Plug with formula pass 8 being used:

If (api.Cons.IsCurrency() And Not api.Cons.IsLocalCurrencyforEntity()) Then
Dim entityDimPk As DimPk = api.Pov.EntityDim.DimPk

Dim entityId As Integer = api.Pov.Entity.MemberPk.MemberId

If Not api.Members.HasChildren(entityDimPk, entityId, Nothing) Then 

api.data.calculate("A#313001:F#TB_ENDBAL:I#None = A#TotalAssets:F#TOT_USGAAP:I#Top - A#TOTALLIABEQUITY:F#TOT_USGAAP:I#Top")

End If

End If

and for overrides I only have one formula being used for “Historical Override Prior” on Formula pass 1. I think this may be part of this issue on why I have to force calculate:

If ((Not api.Entity.HasChildren()) And (api.Cons.IsLocalCurrencyForEntity)) Then
api.Data.Calculate(“F#HISTOVR_PRIOR = F#TB_EndBal:C#USD:T#PovPrior1”, “A#Root.Base.Where(Text3 Startswith OVER)”)
End If

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

A Force Consolidation should make this work. It does both the calculations and the consolidation together.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

A Force Consolidation should make this work. It does both the calculations and the consolidation together.