How do I take an existing combo box and make it multi-select?

Ashlee
New Contributor III

We have a combo-box for entity selection on a dashboard however, it only allows a user to select 1 entity at a time. How do I make that comb-box open to multi-select 2 or more entities? I do not see a multi-select true or false option on the combo box form.

Parameter:

abolyard_0-1705601349254.png

Combo Box:

abolyard_1-1705601442758.png

In Dashboard:

abolyard_2-1705601554363.png

4 REPLIES 4

sameburn
New Contributor III

Hi. Please check formatting section of the combo box component (click Display Format ellipsis).  There is a multi select option there e.g True or False 

sameburn
New Contributor III

Hi. As @JackLacava  said we don't know your setup. So a lot of variables at play here.

However from a theoretical point of view you can pass the resukt of that parameter into a list e.g E#Root.List([|!parameterValue!|]) and then pass that into your CV rows / columns

Ashlee
New Contributor III

Thank you! The multi-select is there. When I select multiple entities the data disapears from the report. Do I need to add a business rule that tells the report to add values together as multiple entities are selected? 

abolyard_0-1705611789226.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chances are that your report is simply placing that Parameter in the Cube View POV. You cannot have multiple members there, so it breaks.

You will probably have to restructure the Cube View, at a minimum placing Entities on rows or columns, maybe adding some calculated rows for totals (look up CVC and CVR functions). No Business Rule required.

A more complex alternative is to use a Pivot Grid instead of a CV, but you will need to create a Data Adapter to feed it, and that is a bit more complicated (not necessarily requiring rules, but you'll need to know your way around Data Adapters).