Hyphen in Excel Report Book Items

JamesKirkby
New Contributor III

I have a report book I've built that loops thru a dimension and creates a tab for every member in a ud hierarchy. I've set book to label the tabs using the CVUD2 and CVUD2Description.  It works quite well except there are some descriptions that have hyphens in them which don't print out. Is there any way to print the hyphen included in some descriptions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

StephD
New Contributor II

Hyphens and other "restricted characters" in the tab names in Excel limit some quick view functions - particularly "Create Copy of Selected Quick View".  I'd guess OS is limiting the use of the restricted characters in your tab names.  

View solution in original post

JamesKirkby
New Contributor III

Thanks. I heard the same thing from OneStream. I've submitted an enhancement request as member descriptions do include hyphens sometimes. Would be nice to have this print out on a tab.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

StephD
New Contributor II

Hyphens and other "restricted characters" in the tab names in Excel limit some quick view functions - particularly "Create Copy of Selected Quick View".  I'd guess OS is limiting the use of the restricted characters in your tab names.  

JamesKirkby
New Contributor III

Thanks. I heard the same thing from OneStream. I've submitted an enhancement request as member descriptions do include hyphens sometimes. Would be nice to have this print out on a tab.