IC Elimination Amount Ghosted

yalixie
New Contributor III

We see some ghosted elimination amount stuck at parent level and they keep getting carried forward to the rest of periods. The elim amounts are greyed out, but still get aggregated up along the entity rollup. Is there a way to stop the ghosted elim amount?  We copied the actual data from Actual scenario to Fcst Scenario.  Actual scenario is fine, but Fcst scenario has this ghosted elim amount issue.  Is there any setting which triggered this?

3 REPLIES 3

yalixie
New Contributor III

FYI, I loaded a penny at local currency in the same intersection.  The ghosted elim amount is gone. 

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @yalixie , the ghosted amount you are seeing is a Derived value.  On your Cube, check this setting here:  Check the Calculate Elimination Cons Member if No Data is set to True.  By default this is set to False.

MikeG_0-1698758026208.png

Lastly, check your View member at the Parent entity and make sure your V#CalculationStatus is OK at the top parent level you are looking at.  The Calc Status should be OK (Calculated and Consolidated) while you are reviewing the data at the Parent level.

Hope this helps,

yalixie
New Contributor III

Thanks for your information! Mike
I checked the cube properties setting. My app has already been set to True. The calculation and consolidation status are both OK. We always make sure to run Force Consolidate when the calc status is not OK. The problem is that my actual scenario is fine, no derived elim ,but forecast scenario had Elim amount carried forward for the rest of periods even though there was no IC data at the associated IC accounts. I compared my Actual Scenario to Forecast Scenario. The difference is YTD vs Periodic. I changed the view of forecast scenario to YT and recopied the actual months data over, but still didn't make any difference till I manually loaded a penny to the intersection.

yalixie_0-1698782628099.png