If I create this as a Dashboard I don't believe I can get it like this in a Report ... is the only way to go to Studio?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Eric Osmanski

4/15/2019

If I create this as a Dashboard I don't believe I can get it like this in a Report ... is the only way to go to Studio?

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Andrea Tout

Here are some options:
1. Make the three cube views and get the headers as close as you can. Then combine all three in studio using xfsubreports. Cons: your columns won't be perfect. you MAY not be able to remove the logo from your header (I logged this as a bug a while ago I don't know if they fixed it). Pros: This is the lowest maintenance option.
2. Make the three cube views as close as you can, bring them into studio to center the headers, and remove the logo off the two bottom cube views. Then create a final studio report to use xfsub reports to pull the three STUDIO reports (not cube views) in (yes you can do this!). Cons: more studio work usually means more maintenance. You actually have to build data adapters then. Change the cube view won't necessarily update the cube view report. Pros: It will get you the closest you can while not having to start from scratch in studio. The studio work you actually have to do is pretty standard and there are LMS videos on all of them! (Set up data adapter, bring cube view into excel, make xfsubreports).
3. Make the whole thing in studio. You would probably need to make a giant cube view to be your data adapter. Cons: Most studio work. I would honestly avoid this at all costs unless option 2 is not getting you there. Pros: It will all be in one spot! Just in studio.