Is it possible to change the displayed text in a Cubeview of a member of the View dimension ?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jean-Daniel Pelchat

Is it possible to display a value different than the Member name of the View dimension ?

For example, the View = Trailing2MonthTotal. But in the cubeview, I would like to display a shorter texte, example "Trailing 2 Mth".

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Anoop Sharma

Not sure if this is the query, but can be done by :Name(<text>)

in the member filter builder please use below:

V#Trailing2MonthTotal:Name(Trailing 2 Mth)

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jean-Daniel Pelchat

Thanks Anoop. But I was looking for a more dynamic approach, because the users can select the View when they run the Cubeview, and therefore the V# value can vary.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Anoop Sharma

Hi Jean,

I could do so by below:

1) setting up a parameter to provide list to user to select View members, i used MemberList parameter and set it up to pull base members. called as ViewParam

2) Call the parameter in Member Filter builder to first query for the selected member and then rename it using rename function. In rename function i used a XFBR business rule to substitute string. Called as below:

V#|!ViewParam!|:Name(XFBR(XFR_TextString, GetAltViewDesc, ViewName=|!ViewParam!|))

3) The XFBR business rule gets the ViewName paramter value and applies logic and returns in the Rename function to dynamically update name. I used below logic, can be modified as per requirement:

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("GetAltViewDesc")) Then
Dim viewName As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("ViewName")
If viewName.Length >= 10 Then
Return viewName.Substring(0,10)
Else
Return viewName
End If
End If
Return Nothing

I am a fellow user of OneStream and think may be there are other ways to do this, but the above worked for me.