Is it possible to use spreadsheet component (Table View in it) in the Book ?

Sridhar_M
Contributor

Hi All, 

I create a spreadsheet business rule to refresh the data from external table using Table Views, now our users wants to drop these files into OneStream file share on daily basis so external systems can consume. 

Is it possible to use parcel service to refresh these files (using table views with in the spreadsheet) and drop them into file share every time the job trigger ? 

Or Is there any alternate approaches to export data from custom table to excel files ?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are 3 approaches I am aware of, via standard Data Management features:

• Build your view as a Grid View powered by a Data Adapter, put it in a Dashboard, then use a DM Step of type "Export Report" pointing to the dashboard.
  • Use a DM Step of type "Export File", and configure your Excel file with Extensible Document features. The job has an option to process them.
  • Use a DM Step of type "Execute Business Rule", and just produce an Excel file in code.

Then you can probably use Parcel Service to send out the resulting output, but I'm not very familiar with it myself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are 3 approaches I am aware of, via standard Data Management features:

• Build your view as a Grid View powered by a Data Adapter, put it in a Dashboard, then use a DM Step of type "Export Report" pointing to the dashboard.
  • Use a DM Step of type "Export File", and configure your Excel file with Extensible Document features. The job has an option to process them.
  • Use a DM Step of type "Execute Business Rule", and just produce an Excel file in code.

Then you can probably use Parcel Service to send out the resulting output, but I'm not very familiar with it myself.

Thank you @JackLacava for providing those details. 

I tried all 3 steps, 2nd and 3rd is working. But for the 1st step if I try to export using DM step with SQL Table Editor/Grid View components with in dashboard, it is just exporting empty file with out data. 

Thank you. 

Sridhar 

Hi Sridhar 

We're having a similar issue. Did you manage to resolve this?

Regards,

Mark

Hi @MarkBird 

None of the existing dashboard components worked for me, so I created an Extender Business Rule and used BR Apis to create data tables and VB.Net code to export it to excel and drop it to file share. Please let me know if you have any further questions, I am happy to answer. 

Regards

Sridhar 

LinkedIn: Sridhar