Literal parameter : issue with unbalanced [ or ] in the text being input

Ashok
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am facing an interesting issue (or a bug).

Requirement: Capturing comments using a text box (linked with a literal parameter) and save it as annotation text so that it can be pulled in CV reports as well.  Using literal parameter as I set it to stored comment using the BR when click on a cell in CV. I have a save button to save the comment if they want to change it and save it. when they save reading this text input in the textbox. so same textbox is used to display and write. I am passing this text as [|!Param!|] to rule. whole setup work great but found an issue when there is a unbalanced "[" or "]" then it throws this error. 

Error: Invalid comma separated values. Unmatched brackets

wondering if anyone seen this or have a workaround to handle this? appreciate any help.

Ashok_1-1675211369275.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm not sure that using a literal parameter will help since multiple users can do this, and there is only one literal parameter. That being said not sure you can do much about that if they have a closing ] without an open one. You might have to tell users that if they are using ]s, then it must be balanced.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure that using a literal parameter will help since multiple users can do this, and there is only one literal parameter. That being said not sure you can do much about that if they have a closing ] without an open one. You might have to tell users that if they are using ]s, then it must be balanced.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You could push your value through an XFBR to escape or remove unwanted character, like the one described here: https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Blog/Building-BiBlend-table-names-or-a-classic-tale-of-XF...

The problem is before even getting to a rule; it'll fail, which is what is there in his screenshot.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

ah yes, i see what you mean. I'm sure there is a workaround...

Ashok
New Contributor III

Thank you all! appreciate quick response.