Losing Frozen Panes setting after refreshing a CV connection in Excel

kmd
Contributor

Has anyone else run into the below issue related to Excel Freeze Panes and/or found a solution for it?

Unlike exported cube views to Excel, OS does not automatically create frozen panes using Cube View Connections.  We have determined that we can apply certain Excel formats over top of the Cube View connection.  We did this with Freeze Panes setting at the corners of the first row and last column header.

However, when we refresh these Excel template files a second time (i.e. after responding to parameters), the frozen panes seems to relocate up above the first header row.  This happens even though the cube view connection itself does not change in terms of it's starting position.
For example:

Cube view connection is set to start at cell $A$4.

Freeze panes setting is at $E$7

Above is saved to the Excel template which is then uploaded to OS as part of a File component.  File component is attached to a button on the dashboard that user selects to open the CV connection in Excel.

First use, everything is fine and Freeze Panes setting behaves as expected.

After refresh / reset of CV connection, the Freeze Panes location is now at $E$4 (3 rows up)

Trying to decide if this is a bug or whether we're doing something incorrectly.

If anyone has experienced this as well and has a workaround we can use, would sure appreciate hearing about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried changing the options to modify rows and columns on the Connection definition? If they are on, I would expect that sort of behaviour; if they are both off, things should probably stay the same, bar issues.

If you have and you still see the behaviour, you might want to reach out to Support or file it in IdeaStream.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried changing the options to modify rows and columns on the Connection definition? If they are on, I would expect that sort of behaviour; if they are both off, things should probably stay the same, bar issues.

If you have and you still see the behaviour, you might want to reach out to Support or file it in IdeaStream.

oh that's a great idea - thank you so much for this suggestion.  The option itself seems so non-specific I didn't even think it would have an impact whether on or off.  I'll definitely give this a try.  Thanks again!