Onion Graph on Dashboard

rsmit
New Contributor II

Jigsaw, one of the partners in South Africa needs to build an Onion Graph for one of our SA customers. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

rsmit_0-1636631857073.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

I thought about it, but couldn't find it in the component, I assume, you have to build it in Excel, but it works in the spreadsheet?

Please mark you answer about as solution.

View solution in original post

rsmit
New Contributor II

Hi Christian. Yes you are correct. Its not available in the component itself, it was built in Excel and then it works in the spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

We don't have an Onion as graph type in Onestream. If you're really desperate to do it, you might be able to use the Map Chart type. You can paint paint polygons on an empty map. You will need a lot of math to calculate all the points for the onion's circles.

I wouldn't do it, it is a lot of work and probably doesn't satisfy the customer anyway.

rsmit
New Contributor II

Thank you Christian. We've managed to build the Graph / Chart in a Spreadsheet component. It worked beautifully. 

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

I thought about it, but couldn't find it in the component, I assume, you have to build it in Excel, but it works in the spreadsheet?

Please mark you answer about as solution.

rsmit
New Contributor II

Hi Christian. Yes you are correct. Its not available in the component itself, it was built in Excel and then it works in the spreadsheet.