Parameter value not appearing

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi,

I am (again) trying to use parameters in a SQL table editor.

My parameter is set in order to get a column from an SQL table. When I test the parameter, this is working fine.

However, when I add this parameter (which is a bound parameter) to the column of my SQL table editor, I do have the set of value from my parameter, but when I save the selected element, it appears blank. When I check the SQL table itself, I can see the value.

This is probably silly, what am I missing ? 😓

Parameter definition :

Sergey_1-1646809270861.png

SQL statement :

Sergey_0-1646809260479.png

SQL table editor for the selected column :

Sergey_2-1646809338964.png

AllowUpdates = True, ColumnName = INDEX_CSR_CAT03, DefaultValue = |!P_CSR_QUESTION_LIST!|, Description = [Question code], ParameterName = P_CSR_QUESTION_LIST

State of the SQL table editor before save ;

Sergey_3-1646809395546.png

State after save :

Sergey_4-1646809418240.png

SQL table :

Sergey_5-1646809476723.png

2 REPLIES 2

TheJonG
New Contributor III

Not totally sure this is causing your problem but the Default Value on the column definition is set to the parameter which is incorrect. I'm pretty sure that field won't resolve parameters because it is expecting one value and a parameter could bring back many.

What is the parameter value set to? Usually what happens in this scenario is that the value gets saved to the SQL table and if goes and looks at the value to bring back the associated Display of the parameter. Like Jon said you cannot use a parameter as a default value. However, I don't think that is your issue. (check for the display and value) Even if there are spaces or CASE difference it'll not show up.