Passing parameters into UD8 member

DDrider
New Contributor III

I am building a UD8 dynamic calc to bypass the limit of 4 cube view overrides. The calculation will read the referenced member (e.g. A#Net_Income:S#Actual) and return a different member intersection (A#Net_Income:S#Plan2024)

In order to return the correct plan scenario, The UD8 member must read the time parameter used in the cube view. This functionality exists, but is throwing an unexpected error. My parameter exists in the default workspace.

To pull my literal parameter value, I have the following code:

TimeParameter = "Param_Time_LitValue"

Dim TimeMbr As String = BRApi.Dashboards.Parameters.GetLiteralParameterValue(Si, False, Guid.Empty, TimeParameter)

TimeMbr returns the value "Unknown". From my research, this error occurs when you reference a parameter that is defined in a different workspace, which is not the case here.

I would appreciate advice on what I am doing wrong. The sample code I am following is found within BRAPI>Dashboards>Parameters. The sample says that the TimeParameter portion of the formula should equal "CombinedWsAndParamName As String" I cannot find a reference to this anywhere or an example of what this looks like.

0 REPLIES 0