Percent Consolidation

JenJessel
New Contributor III

JenJessel_0-1708355279880.png

I am looking for a way to run a report for all time periods on percent consolidation.  Currently the only way I know how to do this is by running a grid view of for each month.  Does anyone know a more efficient solution?

6 REPLIES 6

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi Jen,

Maybe a dynamic calc member that recovers that information can do the work.

Regards 

Henning
Valued Contributor

I agree with Carlos, I would use a dynamic member. If you search for "percent" in snippets, you get this:

Henning_1-1708418688412.png

Dim dValue As Decimal = api.Entity.PercentConsolidation(entityId, parentId, varyByScenarioTypeId, varyByTimeId)

Please note that this only works with a specified parent, as every setting in the Relationship Properties tab in the entity dimension depends on the parent / can vary by parent.

Hi Heing, 

I have encountered an issue while trying to implement a solution in the Cube View. Regardless of the percentage assigned to the entity, the Cube View is displaying a constant value of 100.00.

I have double-checked the configuration and the data input, but the issue persists. Could you please provide guidance or suggest any troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

Hi @yrajulab,

The first thing I would do to troubleshoot it would be to write the entity and parent to the error log to see if you can spot any issues with the parameters being used by the PercentConsolidation function. You could try something like this:

Dim percentage As Decimal = api.Entity.PercentConsolidation(entityId, parentId)
Dim entName As String = api.Members.GetMemberName(dimTypeId.Entity, entityId)
Dim parentName As String = api.Members.GetMemberName(dimTypeId.Entity, parentId)

api.LogMessage($"entName: {entName}; parentName: {parentName}; percentage = {percentage}")

JenJessel
New Contributor III

Thank you.  Will try this.

Also, if you vary this property by time or scenario:

Dim dValue As Decimal = BRApi.Finance.Entity.PercentConsolidation(si, entityId, parentId, varyByScenarioTypeId, varyByTimeId)
Dim percentage As Decimal = api.Entity.PercentConsolidation(entityId, parentId,varybyscenariptypeid,varybytimeid)
Dim entName As String = api.Members.GetMemberName(dimTypeId.Entity, entityId)
Dim parentName As String = api.Members.GetMemberName(dimTypeId.Entity, parentId)

api.LogMessage($"entName: {entName}; parentName: {parentName}; percentage = {percentage}")

Makes sure you set the last two options to true when pulling the %.

Then in your cube view if you have time across the columns and are varying this setting by time, it should show different % by time period.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software