Percentage sign not showing for columns in report book

rwebb
New Contributor II

hi,

I am having trouble keeping the percentage sign for my percentage columns when running a report book from a CV.

the percentage sign is working when it is in CV but not when it is exported to excel or when I run it in a report book.

I did change the cell formatting for reporting as suggested in another post, which is changing ReportUseNumericBinding to True and set ReportNumbericBindingFormat to percent sign. But it is still not working for me.

this is the formatting I am using for the column: BackgroundColor = White, ExcelNumberFormat = 0.00%, ExcelRightBorderColor = Black, ExcelRightBorderLineStyle = Thin, ExcelWrapText = True, ReportNumericBindingFormat = [#,###,0\%], ReportUseNumericBinding = True, ShowPercentSign = True

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rwebb
New Contributor II

I think I found the solution to this. Under Rows, there is a section called Column Overrides, all I needed to do was to add the columns that I want to show percentage sign in column range  and put the cell format I want to have for those columns. below is my example. Screenshot 2024-06-10 120001.png

View solution in original post

T_Kress
Contributor II

Another option, if you do not want to use a column range override on specific rows, is to use a default conditional formatting option based upon your column naming convention.

For example, if all your column names contain "_%" or "%" or "PCT" in the cube view column name, you can key in on that to add your number formatting standard.

It would be something like this:

If (ColName Contains '_%') Then
Add your formatting here
End If

This way if you name your columns consistently you do not have to update the override for non-contiguous or newly added columns in the future.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ryannelissa
New Contributor III

I would use something like this:
NumberFormat = [#,###,0\%;(#,##0\%)], Scale = [-2], ExcelNumberFormat = [#,##0%;(#,##0%)], ExcelUseScale = [False]

If you want more decimals add .00 after the 0

MelindaLe
New Contributor

Hi,

I have tested this formatting and the percentage sign is displaying when exporting to Excel.

ExcelNumberFormat = [#,###,0.00\%;(#,###,0.00\%)], NumberFormat = [#,###,0.00\%;(#,###,0.00\%)], ReportNumericBindingFormat = [#,###,0\%;(#,###,0.00\%)]

Melinda

rwebb
New Contributor II

neither of these solutions worked for me. I am not sure if this has something to do with the fact this column is a calculated field.

rstaana
New Contributor

Hi,

This is what I used to show percentage signs for data explorer, Excel and PDF Reports.

ExcelNumberFormat = 0.00%, NegativeTextColor = Red, NumberFormat = [#,###,0.00\%], ShowPercentSign = True

rwebb
New Contributor II

I think I found the solution to this. Under Rows, there is a section called Column Overrides, all I needed to do was to add the columns that I want to show percentage sign in column range  and put the cell format I want to have for those columns. below is my example. Screenshot 2024-06-10 120001.png

T_Kress
Contributor II

Another option, if you do not want to use a column range override on specific rows, is to use a default conditional formatting option based upon your column naming convention.

For example, if all your column names contain "_%" or "%" or "PCT" in the cube view column name, you can key in on that to add your number formatting standard.

It would be something like this:

If (ColName Contains '_%') Then
Add your formatting here
End If

This way if you name your columns consistently you do not have to update the override for non-contiguous or newly added columns in the future.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

rwebb
New Contributor II

this is nice trick to know! thank you!