QuickView / Spreadsheet formatting

CubeView
New Contributor II

Hello!  Hopefully an easy one, but not finding and answer already out here on this topic.  Using Spreadsheet in the OneStream application.  Building a quickview and wanting the column titles to use wrapped text.  Apply the formatting change, save it and it looks great.  Change the time parameter and the formatting is gone and need to highlight the column headers again and rewrap the text.

How do I make the formatting 'stick'??

2 REPLIES 2

tkrekeler
New Contributor II

Hello, I am interested in this as well. Did you ever find a way to get excel formatting to "stick" when refreshing/rebuilding quick views?

We have many users converting from Hyperion and the formatting difficulties with quick view is a concern. We are pushing for them to utilize xfGet functions so they can get the formatting they need, but this is something that would really enhance the product if we can keep excel formatting when refreshing/rebuilding quick views. 

Please let me know if you have any ideas. 

CubeView
New Contributor II

What I learned is that it depends on what you want to "stick" 

You can use the Settings and force the number formatting and that will stay when refreshed.

However any row / column header formatting (like word wrap) or shading will not stick. Seems like Word Wrap would be an easy one for OneStream to do - so might poke at that one a bit more.

What our implementation partner shared was it is this way by design -- quick views are agile/dymanice -  the size of the quickview will expand/contract as you use it. So the formatting is defaulted to be generic so as the data moves there is not a mismatch between the background color added to highlight a specific cell that has now moved down 30 rows...

I did learn to use the member filter builder to build in the account hierarchy so that the indents will live in the quickview and help as the user drills (use member filter builder and adding the summary accounts with the ChildrenInclusiveR after them).