Report Header Formatting

Rianne
New Contributor II

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with the following issue.

Rianne_1-1680529511738.png

We are trying to add the Report Header/Title to a report, but we would like to have it dynamically adjust to the width of the CV or Report itself (so also fill the yellow highlighted space). When I try "-1" (how you would do it in the CV settings) it becomes very small.

Furthermore, I would also like to remove the light blue line under the header (or make it the same color, dark blue). I tried to adjust this in 'Application | Application Properties | Standard Reports' but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

dimitriosc
New Contributor III

Hello Rianne, in regards to the 2nd part of your question: to remove the blue line under the header you can set it to Transparent for "Line Colour". 

dimitriosc_0-1680532110240.png

In regards to your first point - are you using pdf or excel output? Are you populating your header through the "Report Header" options in the cube view? If it is a dimension, all setting will be available under Header Format - Reporting (hard to tell without seeing the structure/settings of the cube view)

dimitriosc_0-1680533449153.png

Rianne
New Contributor II

Hello Dimitri,

Thank you for your fast response! Your first solution has solved my issue. Thanks! I tried transparent before but only in the 'Line Color' row, not in the 'Background Color'row. 

For my first point: I am using PDF output, so I am rendering it as a Report and using "Report Header" options. To format the header to our liking, we are using our Report Formatting business rule:

This is a screenshot of the Report Header section:

Rianne_1-1680534434366.png

I hope this provides you with enough information. 

dimitriosc
New Contributor III

Hello Rianne, thank you for providing the code - I have been able to replicate the issue you are facing. Trying a couple of things and will revert back to you. 

dimitriosc
New Contributor III

Hello Rianne, please see below the outcome and the code used: 

dimitriosc_0-1680598890303.png

Code: 

dimitriosc_1-1680598931551.png

You can play around with the uiItem.Width to make sure it meets your requirement. 

Not dynamic but at least extends it to the end of the page (will explore a couple of options more and get back to you)

Hope this helps!

Dimitrios 

Rianne
New Contributor II

Hi Dimitrios,

Thank you for looking into this. However, we are mainly looking for a solution where the width of the Report header is dynamically changed/adjusted to the width of the report itself.

The client wants a report header for each cube view. The ideal situation would be to add the previously mentioned business rule to each cubeview under '|General Settings | Report', and all the formatting settings are changed automatically. We have managed to include every formatting item either under 'Application | Application Properties | Standard Reports' or in the Business Rule but the only formatting thing that is not automatic is the width of the header title. We have a lot of cube views for this client, so having to measure this for each cube view individually and add it as a separate rule to the business rule would be very inefficient. 

I hope you can help me with this. 

Thanks again for all the help so far!