I have a CubeView with 2 nested rows.
Row 1 - |!varEntity!|.Base (say this will return 5 entities - this is a drop down in a Dashboard)
Row 2 - XFBR(myModule_ParamHelper, GetWBS_by_Entity, Entity=|!varEntity!|)
This rule checks for WBSs where Text2 = Entity (i.e. WBS1 - Text2 = Entity1, WBS2 - Text2 = Entity2)
When I execute the CubeView, I see all the 5 Entities, and in the nested Row, I get the WBSs where Text2 = the first Entity only).
I understand why it is doing this, as the variable gets the same value and passes to the rule.
I also tried |PovEntity| and |CVEntity|.
PovEntity returns blank, and CVEntity return what is in the Cube Pov section, which I tried with a value or blank.
I also tried WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = |CVEntity|) --- or PovEntity - comes blank
Is there a way to pass the value of each evaluated Entity row to the WBS row?
The result should be something like:
I've done something similar in the past using the XFMemberProperty. If I'm understanding the desired outcome correctly, try something like WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member = |MFEntity|, Property=Name). I want to say MFEntity works in this situation, but it's been a minute since I did this.
I tried this now but it complains about ","
U3#WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Name))
I believe I can't use it since, based on the documentation, it should be used with Name and GetDataCell.
"Use this function with the Name() and GetDataCell() portion of a Member Filter."
Went back and reviewed and you are correct. I was using a param to pass it along...
U3#WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|!varEntity!|, Property=Name))
But because you are pulling the E# at .Base it makes it a bit more tricky.
Yeah, that's what I figured.
But all good, thanks for trying and sending some solution to test. At least I will save the XFMemberProperty reference for the future, as I think I will need it in another scenario.
I am suggesting a differente solution to the client, i.e. showing the property in a data column (using UD8) - it won't be in the exact right order but at least they will get the right information.
It wouldn't be quite as elegant, but if you don't have a lot of entities, you could create a literal param like...
E#Entity1:U3#WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = Entity1), E#Entity2:U3#WBSDim.Base.Where(Text2 = Entity2), etc...
Then on your CV set Use Default Row Headers to False and make Header 1 Entity and Header 2 UD3.
That should give you the report in the style you are looking for, but it would require maintenance as entities are created.