Set column headers for Rolling Forecast scenario based on Actuals or Budget

ajackett
New Contributor III

I am building a Rolling Forecast scenario (eg. name is RFC 2+10) using the below formula snippet which takes the current month actuals, and adds the future Budget scenario. It works well so far, however when I use the scenario in a cube view, I'd like to use the headers based on the source data. So in RFC 2+10, columns 1 and 2 are actuals, and 3 to 12 are Budget. But for each column it just shows RFC 2+10 - is there a way I am able to write something or use some conditional formatting so that show Actuals/Budget based columns?

Thanks 

ajackett_0-1687187090731.png

4 REPLIES 4

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi ajackett,

You can you Dashboard XFBR String rule write your logic and return the exact member filter script which you want for every scenario. You can use conditional statements within the XFBR rule.

Thanks,

Omkareshwar

Archetype Consulting 

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

ajackett
New Contributor III

Thanks... would you have any suggestions?

BenThompson
New Contributor III

Hello AJackett,

I am not sure if I understand your full situation, but rather than going the formula route have tried using the cube view column levels instead?  For example; Column 1, level 1, could be for Time prior periods T#|CVTime|.AllPriorInYearInclusive with Column 1, level 2 set to S#Actual.  Then for Column 2, level 1 could be T#POV.AllNextInYear and Column 2 level 2 could be S#Budget.  I am not sure if this is oversimplifying what you are trying to do, but I always like to keep the solution simple where possible.  

I hope this helps.

ajackett
New Contributor III

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for that suggestion - I had actually built the reports using this method previously, but it didn't work long term for us as we use Budget for RFC 1+11, 2+10 and 3+9, then FCT1 for 4+8, 5+7, 6+6 and so on. So we decided to create a seeding formula that would take the actuals based on the month selected, and then have the respective forecast data post to each scenario. So each scenario has a separate rule, and in the reports, the users pick the month from a parameter and it will also select the scenario. It's not a deal breaker, but would be great if I can get something to show how the data is split between Act/Bud. 

Cheers
Andrew