Show Report formatting

LucaR
New Contributor

Hello,

where can I find a simple guide to formatting my reports, especially in the ‘view reports’ view?

Somehow it is difficult to insert blank lines without scenarios, just formatting, do you have a suggestion here?

Also the underline frame somehow doesn't work properly, I need a thicker border line but the software doesn't seem to respond when I enter a value for the thickness.

Any easy solution available?

Best regards,

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Kress
Contributor III

Yes to insert a blank row (or column) you have to insert a row and make the member(s) on that row "None" such as:

A#None:Name(" ")

Then I typically use TextColor = Transparent for formatting.

But white works as well. Sounds like you have solved the blank row issue!

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

T_Kress
Contributor III

If you click the ? mark in the upper right corner of your OS app, that will open a web link that is searchable for the Design and Reference guide.  If you search "Cube View Format" you will find a whole section on formatting cube views, including report pages:

T_Kress_0-1721320038969.png

As for underlines, you can find info here:

T_Kress_1-1721320094285.png

As well as in the format report section of the header and cell on individual cube views.

Hope that helps!

Teresa C. Kress

LucaR
New Contributor

Thank you, Teresa, for your answer.

I've been there, but I couldn't find a proper solution to my problems.

I was able to insert underlines/borders, but the thickness was always too thin, even when I changed the parameters the software seems to ignore the settings.

On the other hand, I haven't figured out how to insert just a line/row as a spacer without inserting an element, just a blank line.

The formatting page in the documentation is a bit poor imho, only explains the general settings and mainly headers and footers, which I already formatted as needed and I know all the options there, but there's a lot more that can be formatted and I can't find a good manual (there should be something somewhere, but I don't know where).

That would help.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Luca

LucaR
New Contributor

Hi Teresa, 

I have found a solution, I have inserted a void member "spacer" in my dimension and set the textcolor of the font to white.

I don't know if this ist the state of the art (any feedback here would be appreciated) but it works fine for me.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Luca

T_Kress
Contributor III

Yes to insert a blank row (or column) you have to insert a row and make the member(s) on that row "None" such as:

A#None:Name(" ")

Then I typically use TextColor = Transparent for formatting.

But white works as well. Sounds like you have solved the blank row issue!

Teresa C. Kress

LucaR
New Contributor

Thank you Theresa for your help!

Indeed, transparent could work even better, good hint!

Best regards,

Luca