The Consolidate button is always greyed out in my excel quick view

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

Hello OneStream experts:

Thank all of you for the dedicate helps. I build onestream quick view using excel. It seems all the functions in my quick view is working except the consolidate button is always greyed out not matter how I change my POV. I would like to use my quick view to consolidate data to the parent entities. But I can only do calculate and Translate, not Consolidate with quick view in Excel. 

I would really appreciate that someone may tell me how to do consolidate with my excel quick view. Thank you in

advance.

Consolidate_Button.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Kress
Contributor III

The only way you can consolidate out-of-the-box in Excel is to pull a valid cube view into Excel where the cube view allows a consolidation.  You cannot simply consolidate from a Quick View or XFGETCELL, this functionality does not exist.  So if you have a "Consolidation Cube View" set up, you can bring that into Excel and assuming that cube view has "Can Consolidate = True", then the button will no longer be greyed out.  It is set up this way so the consolidation process is controlled and cannot simply be launched from any Quick View.

Here is a post in Idea Stream that you can like so this is upvoted: JIRA Ticket: PF-19835 (onestreamsoftware.com)

But also, if you search "Consolidate in Excel" in One Community you will find some other work arounds people have posted, like tying in a custom Excel button to a DM sequence to run a consolidation, but again those are customizations.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

T_Kress
Contributor III

The only way you can consolidate out-of-the-box in Excel is to pull a valid cube view into Excel where the cube view allows a consolidation.  You cannot simply consolidate from a Quick View or XFGETCELL, this functionality does not exist.  So if you have a "Consolidation Cube View" set up, you can bring that into Excel and assuming that cube view has "Can Consolidate = True", then the button will no longer be greyed out.  It is set up this way so the consolidation process is controlled and cannot simply be launched from any Quick View.

Here is a post in Idea Stream that you can like so this is upvoted: JIRA Ticket: PF-19835 (onestreamsoftware.com)

But also, if you search "Consolidate in Excel" in One Community you will find some other work arounds people have posted, like tying in a custom Excel button to a DM sequence to run a consolidation, but again those are customizations.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

@T_Kress Thank you so much for the information. It answered my question.