USD Override on Text 1

btharris81
New Contributor II

We have several equity accounts with "USDOverride" entered for Text 1 in the "Vary by Scenario Type And Time" section of the member properties. Those accounts are not translating from local currency to USD.  Any ideas why that would be?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hey btHarris81,

I suspect that these accounts with Text1=USDOverride are not translating because they are expected to use an inputted USD value (hence USD override). There is most likely another member within another dimension (i.e. either on a scenario or flow member) that looks at the Text1 property on accounts and then populates C#Translated with a USD override amount that is keyed in elsewhere. 

Here is my setup for USD Overrides and copy rule: 

Cosimo_0-1663103182437.png

Cosimo_0-1663098282771.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cosimo
Contributor II

Hey btHarris81,

I suspect that these accounts with Text1=USDOverride are not translating because they are expected to use an inputted USD value (hence USD override). There is most likely another member within another dimension (i.e. either on a scenario or flow member) that looks at the Text1 property on accounts and then populates C#Translated with a USD override amount that is keyed in elsewhere. 

Here is my setup for USD Overrides and copy rule: 

Cosimo_0-1663103182437.png

Cosimo_0-1663098282771.png

btharris81
New Contributor II

Thanks, Cosimo - you are exactly right!

btharris81
New Contributor II

What would be the impact on your system if the Override was removed?

The accounts flagged with USDOverride would naturally translate using the current period FX rate. There are certain instances where a USD value should not vary over time (example: an investment in subsidiaries). If I invest XXX pounds to a foreign sub that translated to YYY USD when I originally performed the transaction, that YYY value should NOT fluctuate over time due to changes in monthly rates. The use of USD override turns off translation of such accounts and we get to use whatever USD value that's been inputted for same account.