Use time functions in cube views POV

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

is it possible to use time functions other than "WF" in cube view point of view?

For example, I have the time function "T#WFYearM12" (it takes the current workflow year and add M12 at the end to get the December month). The function works as expected if used in cube view rows or columns. However, if I try using "WFYearM12" in the cube view POV, it does not work.

I can set the time to "T#WFYearM12" for each row of the cube view. However, I was wondering if it was possible to use the same or a similar function in the POV.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aricgresko
Contributor III

If you add the vertical pipes, you should be able to accomplish what you were describing.  See screenshot below for an example.

aricgresko_0-1668522351848.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamRichards
Contributor

Hey Afone,

Yes it is possible, You can use any of the substitution variables inside of the Cube View POV. I am not sure how many of them would make sense though, I tend to try to use parameters and then maybe have other columns reference that parameter as a starting point down in the columns.  If you want to see some examples, you can go into the columns and then look at the member filter builder to see all of the time functions that you can use.

Thank you for your reply. I now can see I can use the standard time functions like WF and WFYear in the CV POV.

I guess my question then become the following: how do I create a function similar to the "T#WFYearM12", which is working in the row/column, for the POV? Please consider that scenario has an Yearly workflow tracking frequency but monthly input frequency (that's why for example the "WFLastInYear" function does not work).

aricgresko
Contributor III

If you add the vertical pipes, you should be able to accomplish what you were describing.  See screenshot below for an example.

aricgresko_0-1668522351848.png