Variance Explanation Cube View

Jerry
New Contributor

Hello, 

Is there a way to format a cube view column for variance explanation to be a certain color/have text in the cell based on the variance column? The attached/below is what we want it to look like. If this is a cube view extender, is there any sample code? The example in Golfstream didn't seem to relate to this.

Cube view extender.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

How are you populating the Variance Explanation in your screenshot above? You'll likely need a Dynamic Calc for that which will read the amount and then return a string of text to one of our Annotation View members. You won't be able to use a Dynamic Calc for the formatting portion. You'll have to use a BRString which is entered to the cell formatting property of the column.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

You can do something like this:

EricOsmanski_1-1638290308897.png

EricOsmanski_0-1638290291646.png

Jerry
New Contributor

Hi @EricOsmanski,

Do you know if there is a way to not highlight the data cells? But rather reference it in the Variance explanation section? We first had the highlighting similar to how you show, but the client doesn't like the look of that. 

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I misread. Do you have a Dynamic Calc written which populates "Commentary Required"? If so, you can write a BRString to conditionally format the cell color based on the text. Something like the below.

EricOsmanski_0-1638293214772.png

Jerry
New Contributor

@EricOsmanski I don't have a dynamic calc to populate the "Commentary Required". I was hoping to have the same dynamic calc populate both the "Commentary Required" and the background color. Is there a way to update the string you provided to be based on cell amount? Thank you!

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

How are you populating the Variance Explanation in your screenshot above? You'll likely need a Dynamic Calc for that which will read the amount and then return a string of text to one of our Annotation View members. You won't be able to use a Dynamic Calc for the formatting portion. You'll have to use a BRString which is entered to the cell formatting property of the column.