View in Data Management

kumar
New Contributor II

Is it possible to use MTD & YTD in View filter for a Data Management job.

It does not work if I use -  V#MTD, Y#YTD, but this format seems to work for other filters like for time if I sue T#2021,T#2022 there are no issues. But only for View filter using multiple filter seems not to work.

Do anyone know of any workaround to resolve this? 

thanks 

Kumar 

4 REPLIES 4

SamRichards
Contributor

Hey Kumar, 

Where are you trying to apply the view filter at? In the Data Unit section? Are you trying to get one DM job to extract both the YTD and the Periodic values?

Thanks,

Sam

kumar
New Contributor II

Hello Sam; 

When I use - V#MTD, Y#YTD in the Data management Step it does not work properly. So I used a Parameter in the Data management Step - |!View_Param!| and after that created 2 Data management Sequence and Passed the values for the View_Param as MTD on one Sequence and YTD in the other Sequence, and this works without the need to create duplicate Steps just to solve the MTD & YTD issue.

Problem with this workaround is that, when assigning the 2 Data management Sequence to Task Scheduler I am not able to make them run sequentially. 

Hope this explains. 

thanks very much!

Hey Kumar,

That does help thank you. I am just throwing out ideas, but can you create two Steps one MTD and one YTD and assign both steps to a single sequence that way they would run sequentially?

This might be a good idea to throw out under IdeaStream as well to have this functionality or submit a ticket with support to see if this is the intended way OS should work when trying to use two views in a DM job.

Thanks,

Sam

kumar
New Contributor II

Sam;

Thanks for the feedback. Believe me I thought about it, and have to do what you suggested if there is no other option. 

Issue is I have 5 Data management steps, and it seems so inefficient to create 10 just for the sake of MTD & YTD! and the DM Steps cannot be copied and pasted so have to create from scratch every time! 

But will do thanks for your time and suggestion, appreciate it. And will also post it on IdeaStream like you have suggested.

Thanks

Kumar