Where Clause usage for Member Filter in Cube View

kmd
Contributor

Hi all,
I am trying to find a way to set up a member filter where the member's text 1 field contains the name of an entity.
My CV row setup is as follows:

E#MyParent.base

U1#MyU1Parent.base.where(Text1 contains xxxxxxx)

in the above example, xxxxxxx should be the name of the current entity.
So basically this CV should go through all the base entities and for each Entity, the U1 member(s) that display should only be those whose Text1 field contains the name of the particular entity.
There must be a way to do this.  The concept is simple.  We use a lot of where() clauses here in our CVs but no matter what I try (i.e. where(Text1 contains |MFEntity|), where(Text1 contains |CVEntity|)); nothing seems to give that result.  It either completely ignores the where clause and just returns all of the U1 member regardless or it defaults to the total U1 parent.

This CV works perfectly if I select a single entity and ask for all of the U1 base members whose text1 field contains the name of that entity.  I just can't make it work when it's dealing with multiple entities.
Coding is not my area of expertise but I'm willing to set up a BR rule to do this if I have to.  It just seems like this should be the perfect use of a where clause and I suspect someone out there has found a solution to make something similar happen at their location.

Would love to hear any advice or thoughts you might have.  Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

miked
Contributor

I believe the issue is that the Entity Member Expansion is in a seperate row in your cubeview than the UD1.  The UD1 in Member Expansion 2 doesn't understand what |MFEntity| is b/c the entity member filter isn't in that row.  This is a shortcoming with cubeviews I find..would be a good enhancement.  You probably need to do a BRString that will loop through entities and ud1's for you.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

miked
Contributor

I believe the issue is that the Entity Member Expansion is in a seperate row in your cubeview than the UD1.  The UD1 in Member Expansion 2 doesn't understand what |MFEntity| is b/c the entity member filter isn't in that row.  This is a shortcoming with cubeviews I find..would be a good enhancement.  You probably need to do a BRString that will loop through entities and ud1's for you.

Mike

kmd
Contributor

Thanks Mike - I agree with your comments.  I was hoping not to have to write a BR but looks like I probably have no choice.  Thanks again