WorkFlowEventHandler - Run a Business Rule before truly saving data to the cube?

SeanV
New Contributor III

Cube View within a Dashboard.   When an amount in a data cell is changed and the save button (either the cube view save button or a dashboard save button) is clicked I would like to add in validation code that evaluates the changed amount.

A WorkFlowEventHandler allows me to identify the CubeView so that I can isolate the action solely to that cube view.  

So far in the WorkFlowEventHandler I have been able to identify the cube view and get code to fire based solely on that CubeView, however it all seems to run after the cube data has been saved.

Is it possible with a WorkFlowEventHandler to have code run before the changed amount is saved to the cube and not save the changed amount based on some validation/code logic?

2 REPLIES 2

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Sean, no, I do not believe that is (easily) possible. I admit, I did not check that yet, but if this was part of the WorkFlowEventHandler's functionality, the performance impact would be more significant. 

I can only agree with Fred's comments in the other post (Check sign of changed values in Cube View within a Dashboard - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftwar...).

I know it is not the same you are asking for, but you might also want to consider adding a confirmation step to the Form Input step to make the users go through that check. This does not impact performance unlike the Even Handlers and gives the users a clear process to follow.

SeanV
New Contributor III

So I left out the important fact that this application does not use WorkFlow.