XFJ - Excel Import Journal Template

twn1
New Contributor II

I uploaded the XFJ Excel template with the "Balanced by Entity" Journal Type. However, OneStream set back the Journal Type as "Balanced" instead of "Balanced by Entity after I imported the template . "Is "Balanced By Entity" not the correct selection?

Thanks,

kliau_0-1650404065601.png

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Can you try it with BalancedByEntity (without any spaces).
I suspect the text in the downloaded template (column C descriptions) is misleading.

WCHeceta
New Contributor III

That actually works for another field - specifically Journal Type - doesn't like Auto_Reversing in the Excel template, but AutoReversing works.

twn1
New Contributor II

Thanks, I inputted "BalancedByEntity",  however, the application still returns "Balanced".  

Interesting finding here is that I tried "Unbalanced" for Journal Type, and it returned as expected as "Unbalanced". 

Thanks,
Karen 

jkeith15
New Contributor

I am having this issue as well, where I even attempted to change our standard JE template in the system to default to Balanced by Entity instead of Balanced, and the Journal will still only load the header with Balanced.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Is there a new template that can be downloaded from somewhere?